More custom settings

Dec 1, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Hi, Xaml Markup Styler looks very promising. I would like to have the following features:

1. Ability to define a collection of elements WITH LINE BREAKS between attributes
(e.g. I never like line breaks between attributes, except for root elements like Window, Page, UserControl ...)

Maybe the settings can have a checkbox "add line breaks between attributes for root elements"

2. Ability to define my own preferred attribute order priority
(e.g. my preferred order is: Key, Name, Grid.Row, Grid.Column, any attributes with markup extensions, Text, Content, ...

3. Elements inside Grid could be sorted based on their Grid.Row and Grid.Column
(this is one of the most frustrating issue in VS: when you reposition elements in different cells, their order in XAML stays original, which appears rather confusing)

4. Ability to "beautify" only currently selected element

Keep up the good work, all the best!

Coordinator
Dec 9, 2010 at 2:38 AM

Hi, jurev:

For #1, styler is already capable of doing that, please check the option named "Elements no line break between attributes".

For elements you don't want styler to break attributes, just add its name into this option.

Please let me know if that doesn't work, :).

Enjoy!

Chris

Dec 9, 2010 at 9:55 AM

Hi Chris,

your suggestion sure does work.

But if I want only the root elements (like Window, UserControl, Page) to have line breaks between attributes, and not any other elements, I have to add all other element names into the settings (which are hundreds of them :). Actually, as far as line breaking is concerned, I like it the same way native VS formatting does it. However, I like all other features that your Styler does it :)

Have a good day! Jure

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2010 at 1:24 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.