A couple of proposals

Nov 24, 2010 at 2:54 AM

Since v1.3 there's indentation but I think it would be nice to have an an option in configuration to turn indentation off.

Another thing is about short elements. E.g. I have an element like this:

<ui:AccessLevel x:Key="SystemLevelValue">System</ui:AccessLevel>

and XamlStyler will turn it into

<ui:AccessLevel x:Key="SystemLevelValue">System 

</ui:AccessLevel>

it would be nice not to wrap the element if it fits into "max attribute characters per line" (which in this case might be better to rename to max character per line in general).

Thanks a lot for your great job!

Coordinator
Nov 24, 2010 at 7:17 AM

Thanks for these insightful suggestions!

And I see these are good items for enhancement in next release.

Coordinator
Nov 24, 2010 at 7:20 AM

btw, nayato.

Would you please elaborate more about the idea on "Since v1.3 there's indentation but I think it would be nice to have an an option in configuration to turn indentation off."?

Nov 24, 2010 at 7:31 AM

Now I think that I probably should've call it aligning. Here's example:

without aligning:
<controls:ToolbarButton Content="{Binding Add, Source={StaticResource DialogStrings}}"
	controls:Click.Command="{Binding AddCommand}" Icon="/Images/add_object_icon.png"
	Security:Check.Definition="AddressBookManagement" />

with aligning:
<controls:ToolbarButton Content="{Binding Add, Source={StaticResource DialogStrings}}" 
                        controls:Click.Command="{Binding AddCommand}"
                        Icon="/Images/add_object_icon.png"
                        Security:Check.Definition="AddressBookManagement" />

I generally prefer first option (maybe even with 0 attributes on first line) so having an option in configuration allowing to turn on/off this alignment would be great!

Coordinator
Nov 24, 2010 at 7:38 AM

Ah, I see...

You are right, this should be a good idea to add this option to respect individuals' preferences.

Coordinator
Dec 1, 2010 at 6:56 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.