Wish List

Coordinator
Oct 22, 2010 at 6:02 AM
Edited Nov 30, 2010 at 6:17 AM

It is quite exciting to constantly hearing this tool is useful.

This thread is created to help me capture your voices, so I could form a list of work items with priority.

Suggestions:

"An handy improvement could be an option to define if the > or /> is on a new line or not (i prefer it to be on the same line as the last arg, without a space for >, with a space for />), and also the possibility to set the first arg on the same line or not (depending on the selection in VS option)."

1. Add option to define if the > or /> is on a new line or not.  [Done, in Release 1.2]
2. The possibility to set the first arg on the same line or not (depending on the selection in VS option) [Done, in Release 1.2]

F£ö [from Visual Studio Gallery]

Suggestions:

1. Do not move /> token to a separate line [Done, in Release 1.2]
2. More sorting options (e.g. list of attributes going before sorted, list of tokens to move after sorted);) [Pending]
3. Add option to leave first attribute on a first line (honour the VS XAML formatting options). [Done, in Release 1.2]
4. Option to multi-line format markup extensions (with nested indentation, as in original XAML). [Pending]
5. Perform xaml formatting on format document commannd called. [Pending]

Sinix [from Visual Studio Gallery]

Nov 9, 2010 at 9:27 AM

I was so glad this morning when I saw a new update of Xaml Markup Styler.
So first of all, thanks a lot for having taking care of my suggestions :-)) It works better that way !!
You actually did a great job, so you diserve congratulations for it. 

If you allow me to suggest few others things, I would say (by order of priority) :
1. To have the new line aligned with the first argument of the previous line
(ex : in the current version, we have

<ProgressBar Maximum="100"
    Minimum="0"

and it could be great to have 

Minimum="0"

)

2. When I beautify the xaml, I always obtain an "Inconsistent Line Endings" error when loading the document (cf : Tools > Options > Environment > Documents > Check for consistent line endings on load).

3. If I try to beautify the xaml when the file is in a read-only state (eg : when running the app), I obtain the following error : 
Error in XamlStylerVSPackagePackageException from HRESULT : 0x80041001

It's nearly Christmas ;-)

Thanks again for this usefull tool, keep up the good work. 

Coordinator
Nov 10, 2010 at 1:04 AM
flodef wrote:

I was so glad this morning when I saw a new update of Xaml Markup Styler.
So first of all, thanks a lot for having taking care of my suggestions :-)) It works better that way !!
You actually did a great job, so you diserve congratulations for it. 

If you allow me to suggest few others things, I would say (by order of priority) :
1. To have the new line aligned with the first argument of the previous line
(ex : in the current version, we have

Minimum="0"

and it could be great to have 

Minimum="0"

)

2. When I beautify the xaml, I always obtain an "Inconsistent Line Endings" error when loading the document (cf : Tools > Options > Environment > Documents > Check for consistent line endings on load).

3. If I try to beautify the xaml when the file is in a read-only state (eg : when running the app), I obtain the following error : 
Error in XamlStylerVSPackagePackageException from HRESULT : 0x80041001

It's nearly Christmas ;-)

Thanks again for this usefull tool, keep up the good work. 

Thanks, flodef.

It is glad to hear from you again.

I am planning the next release soon.

BTW, would you please check item #2, I tried to fix this issue in release 1.2, can you please check if this issue remains?

Nov 15, 2010 at 9:45 AM

Hello chrischaochen, 

You're right, it seems that the "Inconsistent Line Endings" does not happen anymore !! I had still some appearing randomly, but they are coming from my old restyling.

Can't wait to use your new release ;-)

F£ö

PS : Is there a way to make a donation ?

Coordinator
Nov 15, 2010 at 1:27 PM

flodef,

Nice to know the "inconsistent line ending" problem was fixed, :).

It is most encouraging to hear these positive feedbacks from people like you.

I have been preparing next release, and it is on its way, will be within this week.

Thanks for your patience and constant interest on this add-on.

P.S., I will setup my donation link together with the next release. Thanks for the reminder, :).

Chris

Nov 19, 2010 at 8:06 AM

Yeeeees !!!

That's what I'm talking about !
Perfect for me :-)

I'll tell you if I see anything else that can be improve (from my point of view).

F£ö

PS : I made a little donation, as promise. I hope it'll help.

Coordinator
Nov 20, 2010 at 8:15 AM

Thanks!

You accidentally became the 1st one who donated me on this planet.

And this is my first open source project, it has been so nice an experience by knowing this is recognized by people like you.

Nov 23, 2010 at 3:08 PM

You're welcome !

Hope it'll be the first of a long streak ;-)

Keep up the good work.

Nov 27, 2010 at 5:30 PM

Collapse Empty Tags!

Really, XAML Styler should be a part of the Visual Studio; I like the architecture of WPF, but XAML is verbose and confusing. A tool like Styler can make XAML more standardized and more easily to work with.

So, the only improvement I'd suggest is this: an option to enable and a functionality for collapsing empty tags, e.g.:

<Label Content="Name:">
</Label>

Into 
<Label Content="Name:"/>

Nov 29, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Not sure if this already exists but I'd like to be able to just highlight the section of Xaml that I want to style.

Coordinator
Nov 30, 2010 at 6:19 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Nov 30, 2010 at 6:21 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Nov 30, 2010 at 6:21 AM